Youth Missions Trip
We are excited to announce that we will be returning to Medellin, Colombia in March of 2020 for a short-term mission trip. We will be building on and enhancing relationships and ministries that we began last year with the El Redil Estadio church. We will work closely with Diego Cardona and his team to:
- Provide a weekend youth retreat
- Bring aid and support to Fundacion Cultivando Sonrisas girls orphanage
- Provide a VBS outreach program to Venezuelan refugee families
- Teach Sunday School, lead small groups, and run 2 evangelistic events for the youth and young adults of El Redil
- Provide Youth Ministry leadership training
- Be witnesses while staying with host families and much more...
Our adult leadership team consists of Pastor Aaron Johnson, Todd & Trina Hayter, Pamela Little, Kayla Pettapiece, and Nathan Bjelis.
Our Team in now finalized. Full details coming soon.
Follow us on Instagram @ colombiamt2020
Why go on a missions trip?
This missions trip is ONE part of our overall plan in youth ministry to glorify God by making disciples of Jesus Christ. Students who participate in this experience will get months of biblical training, followed by a cross-cultural trip where they will serve and learn. This trip will compliment Teen Day Camp, giving teens and young adults an opportunity to serve Christ locally and globally.
What are our priorities for a short-term missions trip?
1) A sustainable ministry - we want to help not hurt.
2) A genuine partnership - we want to help established local churches.
3) A long-term relationship - we want to help for multiple years.
Why are we going to Colombia?
Diego Cardona, Fellowship missionary to Colombia for 20+ years, and current lead pastor of Redil Estadio in Medellin, has asked us to bring a team again in 2020 to assist and enhance their various church ministries. Great work was accomplished through our partnership last year, and we want to build on the relationships and ministries we began.
Meet Diego and Claudia Cardona
Our partnering missionaries in Colombia
Diego and Claudia are Fellowship International missionaries whom we will be partnering with in Colombia. Diego leads the National Association of churches in Medellin in the area of church planting and missions, he teaches expository preaching through a Colombian Seminary, and is pastoring at El Redil Estadio, the church we will be serving.
Check out his full bio here: The Cardonas
Check out the video from last year's trip: