Sr. High meets on Sunday nights and is for all High School age students.
Currently, our Sr. High ministry is meeting at the church on Sunday evenings from 7:00 - 8:15 pm with all the proper health and safety protocols in place.
Registration for the 2020/21 Youth Ministry year is now open and is exclusively online.
There are 2 types of registration:
- Pre-Registration (available now)
- Weekly Registration (starting last week of September)
By pre-registering you are indicating that your teen wants to participate in youth activities at some point this year, even if it's not right away. This form allows you to give consent and pay the registration fee and gives us an idea of who will be attending throughout the year. If you are registering siblings you will need to fill out a separate form for each. This form need only be filled out once and covers your child for all Youth Ministry activities for the year. There is a separate form for Jr. High and Sr. High.
The $20 registration fee for Sr. High gets your teen a custom youth ministry tubular bandana and a daily devotion book called "100 Days: The Glory Experiment."
Once pre-registered, a different WEEKLY registration form for onsite youth group will become available. This form will indicate weekly attendance and pre-screen youth for COVID-19 symptoms. An email will be sent out letting you know when weekly registration opens. Be sure to register your child right away as space is limited due to current restrictions.
Small groups will have less than 10 people. A youth leader will oversee the group and they will meet here at the church as part of our Youth services. New this year, every teen who registers for Sr. High will receive a personal Bible-study book called 100 Days: The Glory Experiment. This book will allow students to spend daily, personal time in the Word and prayer. When students gather for small groups, they will bring their book and discuss what they've learned that week with their small group leader.
What small groups am I in?
Grade 9 Girls w/ Mackenzie Hayter
Grade 10 Girls w/ Jenn Ramer
Grade 11 Girls w/ Leah Vanderlaan
Grade 12 Girls w/ Kayla Pettapiece
Grade 9 Boys w/ Dan Pettapiece
Grade 10 Boys w/ Marshall Pettapiece
Grade 11&12 Boys w/ Dan Kinsman
What is the reading schedule?
- Sept 13-19: Chapter 1, Days 1-6
- Sept 20-26: Chapter 1, Days 7-12
- Sept 27-Oct 10: Chapter 2, Days 13-24
- Oct 11-24: Chapter 3, Days 25-34
- Oct 26-Nov 7: Chapter 4, Days 35-54
- Nov 9-21: Chapter 5, Days 55-63
- Nov 22-Dec 5: Chapter 6, Days 64-86
- Dec 6-31: Chapter 7 & 8
Onsite Youth Group
Our first onsite Youth Group will be on Oct. 4th and will run each week on Sunday nights until December. This service will be a 1-hour, high energy time of fun and Bible Study [think Teen Day Camp Session mixed with a late night TV show]. Parents will have to pre-register their teen each week (same as our Sunday morning services) and only a limited number of spaces will be available due to space and volunteer restrictions. Teens will be required to wear a mask, and will remain in their seat (2 m apart) during the whole service unless they need to use the washroom. Parents will need to be prompt in dropping off, and especially picking up at the designated times. Program starts at 7 pm, drop off at 6:50 pm. Pick up promptly at 8:10 pm.
We will be following all the same health and safety protocols you see in place on a Sunday morning and will do our best to provide a safe and spiritually enriching environment.
Over the next 2 weeks, we'll be taking a look at Social Media and how we can be discerning and wise in our use of it.
Things to Consider
- We've put a lot of thought and prayer into our plan. We recognize that it's not ideal, nor perfect, but the best we can offer given the circumstances. We are trusting God that he will use our efforts to bring about mighty spiritual growth this year.
- This plan is fluid. Things could easily change for better or for worse in our province over the next couple months. We will start with this plan, but don't be surprised if we have to make adjustments along the way.
- As of right now, regrettably, we are not planning any extra special events. We hope to in the future if more restrictions are lifted.
All Sr. High special events have been postponed at this time until further restrictions are lifted.
- Sept. 13 - Hike at MacNaughton Park in Exeter, 6-8 pm
- Sept. 20 - Meet at MacNaughten Park, 6-7:30 pm
- Sept. 27 - Small Group Night @ host homes, 7-8:30 pm
- Oct. 04 - First onsite Youth Worship Service, 7-8:15 pm
- Oct. 11 - No Youth Group, Thanksgiving Weekend
- Oct. 18 - Onsite Youth Worship Service, 7-8:15 pm
- Oct. 25 - Small Group Night @ church, 7-8:30 pm
- Nov. 01 - Onsite Youth Worship Service, 7-8:15 pm
- Nov. 08 - Small Group Night @ church, 7-8:30 pm
- Nov. 15 - Onsite Youth Worship Service, 7-8:15 pm
- Nov. 22 - Small Group & Pryer Night @ church, 7-8:30 pm
- Nov. 29 - Onsite Youth Worship Service, 7-8:15 pm
- Dec. 06 - Small Group Night @ church, 7-8:30 pm
- Dec. 13 - Onsite Youth Worship Service, 7-8:15 pm
Follow us on Instagram @ "ebcyouthmin"
Sunday School is now available for youth during our 9 am and 11 am Sunday morning services. Continue to pre-register them for church as you have been doing. Teens will be in the sanctuary for the first part of the service until they are dismissed to their class. Currently we are meeting in Portable #2.
We have been travelling through the entire story of redemption, from Genesis to Revelation, over the past 3 years. We just finished the book of Acts and are now moving into the various NT Letters written to God's people.