Positions currently available:
The Custodian duties may include:
- Change lights and batteries;
- Shovel snow and operate snow blower around sidewalks, and entrances;
- Sweep and keep clear sidewalks, entranceways;
- Arrange for grass cutting and parking lot snow removal;
- Perform or arrange for annual floor polishing and carpet steam cleaning;
- Perform minor repairs;
- Conduct fire inspection and health and safety checks;
- Maintenance of MSDS log book for hazardous chemicals and cleaning supplies.
- Operate and maintain all equipment; and
- Perform all minor and major cleaning as per weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly checklists. [provided upon employment]
- Open and close building for rentals, and non-staff programs as per online calendar;
- Set up and take down for above events.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb stairs, ladders;
- Exemplary interpersonal, professional and organizational skills;
- The ability to use a computer to monitor calendar and organize contract work etc.;
- Experience in handling machinery (e.g. steam cleaner, lawn mowers, snowblowers); and,
- Knowledge of proper usage of hazardous chemicals and cleaning supplies.
- Be able to physically perform the duties outlined above
- Give evidence of a personal committed relationship to Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord.
- Maintain a lifestyle that does not evidence unethical or immoral conduct or behaviour that is unbecoming of a Christian and contrary to biblical principles.
- Accept the constitution and policies of Emmanuel Baptist Church, including its statement of faith and core values.
Permanent Full-Time & Part-Time Basic Custodians
- Hours of Work: 18-25 Hours per week 12 months per year
- Rate of Pay: To be determined
Interested applicants are requested to submit a letter of application along with a resume to the office at Emmanuel Baptist Church through Email only. [Paper resumes/applications are NOT accepted]. Deadline to apply; October 29 4pm.
Subject: Custodian position
NOTE: [Do not use the General Contact form listed on the previous page for this job posting, it is for general inquiries only.]